Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn Injuries in California
Severe burns are some of the most serious and devastating injuries a person can suffer. Burns are often associated with car crashes, workplace accidents, and chemical exposures, but the truth is that a burn can happen anywhere (and in almost any kind of accident). Skin is sensitive and not designed to withstand intense heat, active flames, caustic chemicals, or extreme friction. As a result, burn injury victims tend to experience extreme pain and extensive damage. In some cases, burn injuries can even be life-threatening.
At Bral & Associates, we take burns and burn-related suffering extremely seriously. Our Los Angeles burn injury lawyers have seen firsthand just how immense the impact of these injuries can be, leaving not only physical scars but lasting emotional trauma, as well. If you or your loved one suffered burn injuries as a result of an accident or incident that could have—and should have—been prevented, our firm can help you seek fair compensation and fight to hold the negligent party accountable. We genuinely care about helping you get back on your feet and moving forward with your life and will serve as your tireless advocate at every stage of the process.
Contact Bral & Associates online or call our office at (855) 951-2215 to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. We are available to serve you 24/7.
Types of Burns
Burn injuries are categorized by type and degree. While the type of burn generally refers to the cause of the injury (e.g. a thermal burn is the result of extreme heat, such as fire; a chemical burn results from contact with abrasive and/or caustic substances; etc.), the degree describes the severity of the burn.
There are three different degrees of burns:
- First-Degree Burns: First-degree burns are the least damaging. They generally affect the top layer of skin only (the epidermis) and can result in localized pain, reddening of the skin, and light scarring. First-degree burns can be caused by contact with hot surfaces, chemicals, or radiation, including radiation from the sun (sunburns). First-degree burns typically do not require professional medical attention; rather, they can be effectively treated at home with topical ointments and over-the-counter pain medication.
- Second-Degree Burns: Second-degree burns can be fatal if not treated right away. These type of burns, though considered “moderate,” can be extensively damaging to the skin, affecting both the top and bottom layers of skin (epidermis and dermis, respectively). If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered second-degree burns, seek medical attention right away.
- Third-Degree Burns: Like second-degree burns, third-degree burns can be fatal and may require immediate treatment, including surgery. Third-degree burns are so damaging, they literally destroy the pain sensors in the body, meaning victims often experience numbness rather than pain. These burns will burn all of the skin layers, surrounding tissues, and, at times, can be damaging to organs, bones, and the very structure of the body. Third-degree burns require immediate professional medical attention and should be treated as medical emergencies.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries commonly result from a variety of accidents and incidents, but the most common reason as to why they occur is negligence. When others are careless, reckless, or act wrongfully, innocent victims can sustain catastrophic burn injuries which, in turn, lead to immense physical, emotional, and financial hardships.
Some of the most common causes of burn injuries include:
- Home and building fires
- Spilled hot liquids
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Defective products
- Unsafe property conditions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Exposure to harmful radiation
- Workplace accidents
Because most burn injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence, it’s important to work with a skilled burn injury lawyer who can help you fight for the financial recovery you are owed. A burn injury lawyer can help you by determining the severity of your damages, including everything from your medical bills to the physical and emotional toll of your injuries.
Why Hire Bral & Associates?
At Bral & Associates, we take your best interests to heart. Our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys are ready to listen to your story, fully investigate your claim, and fight tirelessly to protect your right to a full and fair recovery. We know how to look at all applicable factors, including the installation and placement of gas-burning appliances and gas meters/valves, poor property maintenance, defective products, and general negligence. We often work with accident reconstruction specialists who can reconstruct exactly what happened, which allows us to determine exactly who is liable for your injuries and resulting damages.
Whether the accident was the result of a house fire, a natural explosion, or a defective appliance or faulty wiring, our attorneys are ready to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. Throughout the process, we will provide you with consistent communication and updates on the status of your case. We are always available for our clients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact Us Today for a Complimentary Consultation
If you or someone you love suffered severe burn injuries in a house fire, after using a defective product, or in any type of accident, contact Bral & Associates to learn how we can help. With a long history of success in complex personal injury cases—including more than $10 million recovered for our clients in our 20+ years in practice—we have what it takes to fight for you.
Call our office today at (855) 951-2215 to get started.
Years of Experience
Recovered for Our Clients
Don't Just Take Our Word For ItHear What Our Clients Have to Say
I don't know where I would be if had not chosen you guys.- Chelsea C.
I hope I don't get hurt again but I would choose them again if I do.- Marcus M.
Their knowledge of the law will assure you "The Winning of Your Case."- A. E.
I trust him 100%.- Joel R.
My go-to lawyers from this point forward.- Anthony R.
What You Need in An Attorney:
Experience on Your Side
Our highly qualified legal team brings more than 50 years of combined experience to every case that we take on.
A Record of Proven Results
We are committed to maximizing the value of every case and have recovered more than $10 million for our clients.
We leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of the justice that our clients need and deserve after an injury.
Service With Substance
We believe in standing up for the underdog and use our platform to advocate for the betterment of our community.
Availability & Accessibility
We are prepared to make ourselves accessible to you when you need us, including by email, phone or video conference.
We are a highly focused boutique law firm that prides itself on treating every client like our only one.